May 7, 2008

My newest friend

Recently, I have got to know someone a bit better. Someone with whom I have flirted for a while now; flirted for the first time when I was a boy fresh in college, flirted on occasions when I was out of Manipal, flirted when I was at some of the places which we would frequent in order to just get away from everything. Nothing more than harmless flirting please. That was my attitude then. As with all flirtatious exchanges, one doesn't really get to know know the other person. Perhaps that's the beauty of flirting. Perhaps that's why flirting is so enjoyable. Perhaps.

One fine morning, we decided to take the next step. No commitments please. I have had ENOUGH of them. Beautiful beautiful involvement please. Please? (You do know the egg-bacon breakfast joke don't you? You dont?! Aaah, I have something wonderful to narrate to you when we meet next. It'll be a pity if we don't get to meet. A real pity.) This is my attitude now.

The company cab was a bit late. I was getting bored. A little voice had been urging me for a while now. For quite a while. It hadn't been loud. That's not me at all. Never have liked to be loud. Nice and subtle is the way to be. Nice and subtle. So anyways, I decided to take the plunge. Finally. And I saw the light. The mind seemed clearer, the head lighter and the surroundings seemed to have, now how do I put THIS, a rare 'cleanliness' about them. Not much, just a touch. Nice and subtle, remember?

And so, it began. A new relationship. Different from the ones that I have experienced so far. (Seems to be quite the season for it, isn't it? More about this in another post. Maybe. I'll have to consult my friend.) The initial novelty and headiness that one gets from a new relationship has worn off. These are good signs aren't they? Probably not. These are probably badly good signs. Whatever sense that makes. I don't care. Anyhow, as with all 'relationships', the nature of it will depend on the parties involved. How we get along as I get older. How we get along as I become more of an individual. Do remember that I'm back. Back from the wilderness. Back with a friend. But not out of jail, yet.

All of us have friends. Kind of difficult to survive without them, isn't it? Just the way we look at our friends is different. Very different! So anyways, with this friend of mine it's a bit different. I hate being dependent on things, whether they be people or activities. (Unless of course I have to do something which I detest; doing things out of character.) Maybe that's why I would like to flirt with this friend of mine. I'm older now, remember. As I was saying, it's a touch different with this friend of mine. We get along fine obviously. Not much conversation actually, which is not really a negative if you think hard. It's just the feeling that I get when I'm with my friend. A feeling of not being alone. A feeling of being shown the light. The way it should be shown. Slowly.

I like spending quality time with my friend. I don't like my friend to be around all the time either. (Most 'bad' things are 'good' if enjoyed in measure, isn't it?) I'm fine alone too. I was all these years. Or was I? Anyhow, I like my life better with my friend around.

Beautiful beautiful involvement, remember?

No comments: