April 3, 2008

First words

Blogs are wierd. Somehow I have always wondered what purpose a blog really serves. Its marketed as an online diary kind of thing. I've always thought that why would someone want to publicise a diary of all the things. I mean a diary is supposed to be private. Why in the world would ANYONE want to broadcast it to the entire world?? I asked my sister what she thought about this deal. She said that its a web log kind of thing. And if she ever wanted to find out what was happening in anyone's life she would check that person's blog. I guess there is a line which demarcates what is private and what is publicly private.

So anyways, why is it that a blog cynic like me is starting one himself? I think its mainly because I'm interested in seeing what I myself come up with for this space. I love observing people. Its a habit. Make that a way of life. Sun signs and relationships are a few of my pet topics. The irony is that I never get to observe myself. I can't. I tried writing a diary for a bit. Tried to make it a habit. Didn't work out. In the sense that for the time that I was writing a diary I found myself behaving a bit erratically. At times I would just get completely into the flow of writing and lose myself in it. At other times I would simply not feel like writing.

So now I want to see how I maintain this blog. I kind of get the concept now. Its a mode of expression. An outlet.

'Happily unmasking' will be an amalgamation of thoughts. Thoughts written. Thoughts captured. Through words and pictures.

The first few pieces of writing that I will post are pieces that I have written over the years. This blog will not be a daily diary kind of thing. About how I spent the day and crap like that. It will have my thoughts and take on the things that I see around me.

Even though I say so myself, it will make for interesting reading.

Smiley faces are weird aren't they? The sentence above just gets emotionalised (this is a word but its the first time I'm using it and I was just giving myself a pat on the back for coming up with some reverse 'double speak'!) if I end it with a smiley. So here goes.

Even though I say so myself, it will make for interesting reading :)

So do read and leave a comment when you feel like it. Sign it if you know me. Sign it if you want to get to know me.

Lets express.

1 comment: